Google Analytics is very important tracking system to understand the audience of your website. I mean the visitors of your website are, How frequently they are coming on your website and How much they are spending time on your website and many other things.
If you have a website then you must need to sign up with Google analytics and install the plugin on your WordPress website.
Today I’m going to show you How to sign up and How to install and configure the settings on your website.
How to signup with Google Analytics:
- First, you need to create a Google account to SignUp with Google Analytics.
- If you have a Google account then you need to Go to Google Analytics page.
- Now will able to see the image like below. You need to enter Gmail account.
- Once you enter your Gmail account and password now you will able to see the screenshot like below. it shows to you the Google account sign up procedure with 3 steps.
- Now you have to click on signup button which is located on right side of your screen.
- Now you have to choose a website or mobile app if you doing for your website that you have to select the website option.
- Now you need to fill the blanks which are showing like the below screen shot (you have to fill your account name, and your website name, website URL, country, and the time)
- Once you’re finished all these details now it’s time to get the tracking code for your Google Analytics account.
- When you see the tracking id just copy that id and just based on your website so then you can able to track all the details of the about your visitors.
So this is the way that you have to signup with Google Analytics now let’s see how to install the Google Analytics on WordPress website.
Google Analytics for WordPress by Monsterinsights:
There are Multiple ways to install Google Analytics on your WordPress website but this article for the beginners so I am going to tell you the easiest way to install Google Analytics for your WordPress website. So you can follow the below instruction to track your visitor’s and their behavior.
Today this is a Plugin Called Monsterinsights in which you can install Google Analytics. This is one of the best plugins which can track and install Google Analytics in few steps. There are lots of website people are using this.
This plugin comes with two different types of versions one is free and another is paid version. In this article I am going to show you with how to track your audience it’s a free version if you will go paid version will get additional features like ads tracking, author tracking and eCommerce tracking etc.
So Let’s get started:
- Once You install the plugin you need to activate once you’re done with this. Now you have to configure the settings.
- In settings now you have to add the Authentication with Google Analytics.
- Just click on the authenticate with your Google account then it will bring you to open a new pop up on your screen which shows with your account authentication.
- Click Next to continue now you have to enter your code click to get the code. So it’s better to click on get Google code.
- Then the monster inside would like to access with Google Analytics data now you have to click on allow to continue.
- Authentication popup will show you the line of Google code that which you can copy that code and paste in the box.
- Then click on next then select the profile that you want to track.
That’s all you are successfully install the Google Analytics on your WordPress website. And it will take some time to show the data on your website.
The best part of MonsterInsights an option call reports which you can see the status directly on your WordPress dashboard.
If you go into the plugin you can click on reports to get all your reports. Can also customize its settings based on your wish.
So this is the way that you need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress website and you can track your audience on directly on your website. If you have any doubts regarding this post about Google Analytics do let me know by the comment section below.